Facial herpes is a very common type of herpes and is also called fever blisters, herpes labialis sun blisters, oro-facial herpes, cold sores and herpes febrilis. It is characterized by the group of fluid-filled blisters which appears on the mucous membranes and on red swollen areas of the skin.
You can also feel the burning sensation just before the skin lesions develop which can be tender and painful. Herpes Pictures are provided below;
Herpes Pictures on Face
Herpes on a face can be very painful and can make you look displeasing. It can last for very long from four to five weeks. Here are few pictures of herpes on a face, If you notice these symptoms on your face then you must visit the doctor.
A facial herpes outbreak has four stages:
- A tingling feeling in the skin
- Slight swelling and then an appearance of a many of fluid-filled blisters, which are very painful
- The blisters burst and then form clusters and leave fluid-filled sores. (cold sores)
- The fluid-filled sores or cold sores then dry, scab over and heal without scarring after 10 to 12 days.
- The herpes virus spreads until the cold sores get completely covered by scabs and the infection become external.
Skin Herpes Pictures
- Burning while eating
- Flu-like symptoms
- Fluid-filled blisters
- Itching on a face and surrounding area.