Chickenpox is an airborne disease caused by the varicella virus. If you are the one who never got vaccinated and never had chicken pox then there are chances that you catch the infection. If you or someone in your family is suffering from chicken pox then there are several things that need to take care of.
As germs have become the part of our lives, they can be found everywhere in our hands, food, toys, furniture to even people we meet. You can catch various harmful infection due to transmission of these germs. Here in this article, we are providing you with some amazing tips that you should follow if someone in your family is suffering from the infection.
Chicken Pox Precautions For Family Members
- Make the water safe- Germs mainly spread from the water we drink. So it is important to drink clean water. Use bottled or filtered water that prevents infection from the airborne infection like influenza, chicken pox, TB etc. you can also boil the water for drinking, this will kill all the germs.
- Wash Your hands- Understand the importance of washing hands, use a good amount of liquid soap and water. Rub your hands for at least 15 seconds and use paper rolls for drying.
- Maintain cleanliness at your home- Germs stays in touch areas like doorknobs, phones, brackets, mirrors etc. Clean these areas on regular basis and use disinfectants like phenol or chlorine.
- Cover the mouth of an infected person- an Infected person should keep his mouth covered with a clean cloth to avoid transmission.
- Avoid meal sharing with an infected person as there is a higher risk of getting germs.
- Keep bathroom hygienic- Clean your bathroom on regular basis. Use sanitizers including aldehydes and alcohol.
- Throw away the used tissue.
Following these given precautions, You can actually stay away from getting infected.