Varicella commonly known as chickenpox is a highly contagious infection caused by the varicella zoster virus. It takes two to three weeks to recover. The characteristic of this disease include skin rash that causes small, itchy blisters that eventually scab over the body. Normally it starts from chest, face and back then spread to the rest of our body. It also causes headaches, fever and tiredness. It is not a life-threatening disease but can lead to severe complication. It also causes bacterial skin diseases.
How To Treat Chicken Pox
Chicken pox can be treated by following these tips given below:-
- Use Acetomenaphin- If it is paining or if you are having fever use acetomenaphin. It helps to relieve pain and it is safe for people from all the age groups and even for pregnant women.
- Do not scratch- Although its tempting but do not scratch your blister as it can cause various bacterial infections. It can even cause scarring. If you can’t resist just tap or pat but do not scratch.
- Keep yourself cool- Sweating and heat can cause more itching so try to keep yourself cool. Take bath at short intervals like two to three times a day and wear loosely fit clothes.
- Stay Hydrated- Drink a lot of water and fluid to keep yourself hydrated and get rid of this virus.
Chicken Pox Treatment At Home
Chicken pox can be treated at home by following these simple home remedies
- Neem Leaves- Neem leaves can be used for the treatment of chicken pox, it can cure it without any exception. Make the paste of neem leaves and put it in your bath tub. Bathing three to four times in neem water will help you to recover from chicken pox.
- Coriandar- Coriandar is one of the traditional and herbal remedies. It is a very powerful herb with lots of beneficial organic compounds. You can make coriander soup and have it twice a day.
- Honey- What else we want when such delicious thing can help us to recover from our disease. It is anti bacterial in nature and helps to reduce irritation and inflammation.
Chicken Pox Treatment For Kids
If your child is suffering from chicken pox follow these tips given below:-
- Use cool or lukewarm water for bathing, give bath after every three or four hours.
- Pat the itchy areas instead of rubbing.
- Apply calamine lotion on itchy areas but not anywhere on face.
- Serve cold and soft food.
- Keep your child hydrated throughout the day.
- If the fever last for more than two days, consult a doctor.