Chicken pox or varicella is a higly contagious inflection caused by te virus called Varicella zoster virus. It usually takes 10-15 days to recover. The symptoms of this disease include itchy blisters, skin rashes that usually starts from back, chest and face and then spread all over the body. It also causes tiredness, headaches and fever and bacterial skin diseases. It is an air- borne disease that is it can spread from one person to another.
Chicken Pox In Adults
There is a belief that chicken pox is a childhood disease but adults are also susceptible. If one have had chicken pox typically got the immunity to the disease. So if you’ve had chicken pox as a child it is unlikely to get it as an adult.
Chicken Pox Symptoms In Adults
The symptoms of chicken pox in adults are as the symptoms in children, but these symptoms are more severe in adults. The symptoms of the starts appearing one to two weeks after the exposure to the virus that includes:-
- It includes Flu-like symptoms such as headaches, loss of appetite, fever, fatigue, and body aches. These symptoms starts two to three days before rash appears.
- Red color spots appear on the chest and face and eventually spread all over the body. These spots later develop into itchy fluid-filled blisters.
- These blisters first weep, become sores then form crust and finally heals.
Chicken Pox In Male Adults
The signs and symptoms of chicken pox in male and female adults are same but there are complications in of chicken pox in male adults. Some of the major potential complications include:-
- Bacterial skin infection.
- Toxic shock syndrome.
- Inflammation of brain.
Chickenpox In Adults Treatment
Treatment of chicken pox can be done by following these tips given below:-
- Acetomenaphin- You can use acetomenaphin if you are having pain or fever. It is safe for people of all ages and even for pregnant women. It helps to reduce pain and provide relief.
- Scratching blisters can cause various skin infections and scarring. Do not scratch even if it is tempting. Just pat or tap if you can’t resist but do not scratch.
- Try to live in cooler environment as sweating and heat causes itching. Take bath three to four times a day after short intervals. Wear loose clothes.
- Keep yourself hydrated- Stay hydrated by drinking lot of water and fluids. It will help you to get rid of this disease much earlier.
Chicken Pox Pictures Early Stages Adults
Here are the early stages pictures of chicken pox in adults.